Every time I see a “deal” on Amazon I wonder if it’s a real deal? Or is the seller trying to pull a quick one on me?!
When I was reviewing money saving web-extensions, the prices on Amazon where changing so fast I had a hard time keeping my experiment consistent. On one occasion I saw the average price of about 20 items change 8% in about a day and a half. One item (a $200 dollar camera) varied in price so many times I had to remove it from my experiment.
Fortunately I don’t have to worry about these price changes when I shop on Amazon because I use CamelCamelCamel!
I’ve been using the web extension for about a month and it’s been great! Every time I’m on Amazon I check to make sure that amazon special offer is really something special.
I’ve written about amazon discount finders before but this one is very unique.
CamelCamelCamel is a website (also available as a web-extension) that can show you the price history of any product sold on Amazon.
Time called it A “Money Savings Tool to Try Before you Buy ANYTHING!” and I totally agree.
How to use camelcamelcamel
- Go to CamelCamelCamel.com.
- Pull up something on Amazon that you would like to view the price history of.
- Copy the URL from Amazon and paste it into the search bar of CamelCamelCamel.
- CamelCamelCamel will display a graph of the Price history of anything on Amazon.
Optional features of camelcamelcamel
- Add wish list: track the prices of everything in your Amazon wish list.
- Price tracker/watch: Keep a running list of items to price watch.
- Notifcations: set up notifications for price drops.
It’s a must have according to LetsGetDealsToday.
The web extension is super easy to use.
- While on Amazon the extension turns brown.
- Click the extension and it will show you a price chart of the product on your current page.
- You can download the Web Extension right here.
Now you will know if those amazon special offers and product promotions are really amazon hidden deals or just a scam to get you to pay too much.
I’ve been using the extension for a while now and I LOVE IT! It has become one of my regular Amazon hacks that I use every time I shop on Amazon.
Knowing the price history really helps my purchase anxiety. I know right away if I’m paying too much, or if I should wait to buy from Amazon.
It’s been great having the extension installed on my computer. Every time I want to buy something on amazon I can easily check to make sure its the best time to shop.
LifeHacker has a great article about CamelCamelCamel and it compares it with some other really great Amazon Hacks.
Note: I didn’t receive any commission from CamelCamelCamel for writing this article. I just thought it was a cool way to hack amazon and save money so I wanted to share it.
Learn how to get discounts on Amazon! Check out Amazon Hackers the amazon deals blog and amazon deal site!